Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Very Korean Halloween

This past Thursday was the Mentors Club annual Halloween party.  Halloween is not really that popular in Korea, but Mentors Club hosts a Halloween party every year to celebrate with the Westerners.  This year it was held at Club Mass in Gangnam, which was a really cool club.  I went as Madonna and Andrew was a vampire, also Kia made herself a really awesome jellyfish costume.  The subway ride there was definitely interesting, everybody was staring at us more than usual!

The club was absolutely packed.  Although we all purchased tickets beforehand, we still had to wait in a long line to get in.  It was cool because the party was only Yonsei University exchange students.  It was fun to hang out with people who live in my dorm, but whom I otherwise don't really see throughout the day.

I danced with my friends for awhile but eventually it just wasn't fun anymore because of how crowded the place was.  The line to the bar was so long, and and although we had free drink passes, it still wasn't worth waiting in.  Eventually Andrew and I decided to head back to Sinchon, the party went until 5am, but by 3 we were wiped out.  We stopped on the way back to SK Global House for some yummy Korean BBQ.

All in all, it was okay night.  The party was fun for a little while and it's really nice that Mentorsclub puts together a Halloween party for the exchange students.  I definitely missed the good old American Halloween with lots of candy and everyone wearing costumes, but this Halloween in Korea is definitely something that I'll never forget.

Kia, me and Ariane.  Notice Kia's cool jellyfish costume!

Andrew and me at the Halloween party.
I guess it's called Club Mass for a reason.  Masses of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment