Friday, September 3, 2010

Valerie

Curious to know more about my roommate? Me too! Here's a little bit about Valerie Wan.

J: Where are you originally from?
V: Singapore, Singapore

J: How old are you?
V: 25

J: What has your education consisted of thus far?
V: I attended secondary school and junior college in Singapore, then I attended college at the National University of Singapore. I attended University of California San Diego and graduated in 2007 with a bachelor's degree in Molecular and Cell Biology.

J: Why did you choose to study at Yonsei University?
V: POSCO (Pohang Iron and Steel Company) offered me a scholarship at Yonsei to complete my master's degree in international studies.

J: What part of living in Korea are you most excited or nervous about?
V: Well I'm afraid that I'll turn into an ahjumma. (Ahjumma is a Korean word that refers to the grumpy, old Korean ladies who yell at people on the streets) But in all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to learning the Korean language.

J: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
V: Call me then, and I'll let you know!

J: If someone told you ahead of time that you'd be living with a 20 year old from the U.S., what would you think/what comes to mind?
V: Oh gosh! She's going to steal all my chocolate and stay out really late!

5 comments:

  1. In the follow-up interview, I'd like to know what Ms. Wan thinks of blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would like to know what kind of chocolate we're talking about here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with dad. Blankie must frighten her more than the thought of you stealing her chocolate. I'm loving your blogs, they are very informative. My friend Emily's older sister has been to Seoul and she loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM VALERIE:

    "I think your blankie is very nice and I wish I had one"

    SO THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha she's just being nice. :D

    ReplyDelete