Monday, October 25, 2010

And another one bites the dust...

Well my roommate Joe moved out last week.  That's the second roommate I've had thus far.  Maybe it's me?  But in this case it was just a matter of polar opposite schedules.  Joe liked to stay up all night, and I mean all night, to about 4 or 5 in the morning if I was lucky!  She had been thinking about getting an apartment for awhile now so it made sense for her to go now.  Especially since it's midterms week and I need my sleep!

Sometimes I miss having a roommate, but it's nice to have two closets again and to have the room to myself.  And truthfully, I'm really not in my room much so it's not that big of a deal.

Yesterday marked the halfway point for my semester here in Seoul.  I can't believe it!  It seriously feels like last week that I got off the airplane, greeted by a sea of Asians in this big city, lost, confused, and blonde!  At this point I definitely feel more at home though.  I have my schedule memorized, I am finally able to pronounce all of my professors' names, and I can communicate with a cab driver to get back to SK Global House.  I even have the Seoul subway system down, now that's impressive!

The Seoul subway system.  Sinchon is located at stop 240 on the green line, #2.   That's in the middle, left hand side.

1 comment:

  1. Well you do need your beauty sleep, but you're going through roommates like the Grateful Dead went through keyboard players!

    ReplyDelete