Friday, October 1, 2010

Joe tries Mexican food!

Happy October 1st everyone! I can't believe it's October already, it's so weird to me that I've been here since August. Time sure does fly, and now that I think about it, it feels like camp time! At camp we would always joke about how a day feels like a week, but a week feels like a day. Today is Friday and normally I don't have classes on Fridays anyways, but today is a University holiday so everyone has the day off.

Last night Joe and I went out together because she wanted me to try "patbingsu" which is her favorite Korean dessert. I thought that for dinner I would have Joe try something that was my favorite. She's never had Mexican food before so I brought her to this yummy, little Mexican restaurant in Sinchon. We both ordered steak quesadillas and they were delicious! Below is a picture of Jo trying her first Mexican dish! She really enjoyed it, especially because it had MEAT in it!

We then walked a few blocks down to Red Mango, which is a cafe in Sinchon known for it's frozen yogurt and patbingsu. Patbingsu is a traditional Korean dessert which is made up of ice chips, topped with frozen yogurt or ice cream, and then different kinds of fruit, red bean, rice cake or cereal. We both ordered smalls, which were huge, and I had vanilla frozen yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, corn flakes, and peaches. Also, they give you a small cup of sweetened condensed milk to pour over the ice chips once you ate everything on top. It was delicious!

1 comment: